SEO is one of the most important traffic tools on the internet. It brings you FREE traffic and unlike Ads, websites that come up on Google through SEO are directed to the people who are RIGHT NOW searching for your services or information.
Google says there are over 200 different ranking Factors.
- The age of your domain.
- Having a keyword in your domain name – It is not as important as it used to be, however they still affect ranking factors.
- Domain Registration length – Google states that ”Valuable (legitimate) domains are often paid for several years in advance, while doorway (illegitimate) domains rarely are used for more than a year. Therefore, the date when a domain expires in the future can be used as a factor in predicting the legitimacy of a domain.”
- Keyword in Subdomain
- Country TLD extension – It’s beneficial only if you are targeting selected countries.
- Private vs. Public WhoIs – Google believes that companies with private WhoIs information may be hiding something. “…When I checked the whois on them, they all had “whois privacy protection service” on them. That’s relatively unusual. …Having whois privacy turned on isn’t automatically bad, but once you get several of these factors all together, you’re often talking about a very different type of webmaster than the fellow who just has a single site or so.” – Matt Cutts
7. Keyword in a Title Tag
8. Keyword in H1, H2 & H3 Tags – H1 is the most important one
9. Keyword Prominence – a keyword should appear in the first 100 words of the page’s content.
9. Use the most important keywords on the Homepage – Homepage is the most important page for Google, thus having some keywords there will boost your URL up on Google Search. P.S. do not overload your pages with keyword (keyword stuffing); this will penalize your website.
10. Content-Length on homepage – Most websites have images instead of text to keep them clear and simple. Google does not read images, and if there isn’t enough information for Google to understand what you do, your website might not rank on specific keywords.
11. Content-Length on blogs – statistics always change, but it is recommended to write around 1500 words per article.
12. Content-Length on other pages – roughly around 750 – 1500 words
13. Content frequency – at least one blog every 2/3 days
14. Difficulty of the content – easy to read, not keyword-stuffed.
15. Dwell time – Time spent on the website should we around 2 minutes
16. Bounce rate – 25%to 40% is excellent. 41% to 70% is average.
17. Backlinks – from relevant websites to yours with good DR/DA
18. Duplicate Content – content that is the same or very similar will hurt your rankings. Use Rel=Canonical in case you have duplicate content and do not want to lose traffic from either of them.
19. Image Optimization – Google does not read images. Save and upload images using proper words, use dashes instead of spaces. ALT Tags may also help you rank better.
20. Internal linking – put links from one page of your website to another page. Orphan pages negatively influence your SEO.
21. 404s – remove the pages as soon as you see one or do a 301 redirect to another page (if the page that is down is ranking well on Google)
22. Breadcrumbs – a user-friendly site-architecture that helps users (and search engines) know where they are on a site
23. Mobile-first – Google mainly takes into consideration how well your website is equipped for mobile devices.
24. Page Speed – check the speed of your website
25. AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) – Check your website’s AMP
26. WordPress website – Google prefers websites that have been built through WordPress, rather than WIX, or others.
27. Code of the website – if your On-Site and Off-Site SEO are on point, but your code is messed up, there is no way to outrank your competitors.
28. Robots.Txt – don’t index irrelevant pages that you don’t need to rank on Google (e.g. Sign up to our newsletter page). The more websites Google has to crawl, the longer it will take to index and crawl your new content.
29. URL length – 25 to 30 characters
30. URL of the blogs – should never have a date on them. Google hates numbers in URLs
31. SSL Certificate – HTTPS is a ranking signal as search result ranking is based on trust.
Want to learn more about SEO? Book a time and we will teach you everything that we know… What are the most important factors and many more important SEO factors!